16 May 2010

On Leave





Well, I have been on leave for almost 4 weeks already! My how the time flies. This Wednesday Aven will be a month old already. We are adjusting to life together. We've gone on lots of outings and are getting to know each other better. We are not in a specific routine but I am learning her signals and cries and what works and what doesn't. She still isn't sleeping in her bed but we will battle one thing at a time. My Mom and her husband came to visit this last week and it was nice to relax and have family around. I think I am finally adjusting to getting chores done, walking/taking care of the dogs, grocery shopping and paying the bills, making dinner (sometimes) and taking care of Aven. About the time I get into a good routine, it will be time to go back to work and figure it all out again!

Now that the weather is finally getting nicer and springlike, we are spending more time outside enjoying the warmer degrees and working on our yard (in between trips inside to check on the baby). Abe and his Dad put up a fence so the dogs can spend more time outside sunning themselves and we are slowly coming up with a plan to rejuvinate our neglected yard. Right now things are looking better (a little at a time). We cut down two trees in the back yard today and took 2 trips to the clean green. Little by little we'll get it done (that is what I tell myself).

Here are some photos from the last few weeks of Aven. To me she still seems so small but I know she is getting bigger. When you see someone everyday, it is hard to notice all the little changes but she is starting to look less "newborny" and more babylike everyday.

No comments: