25 April 2010

New Arrivals!!

Well, when I last posted I said we were almost there....apparently I was closer than I thought! Aven Lily Bates made her arrival into this world almost 2 weeks early at 5:18 am on April 21st. She was 6 lbs 7.5 oz and 19 1/4 inches long with a 12.5 inch circumference head. We are so pleased to have her here at last. She is beautiful in every way and healthy.

It is almost a bit surreal looking down at this baby and realizing that somehow they were curled up inside you, even if they do seem tiny to everyone. Her arrival came suddenly and thankfully so was the birth process. We left our house around 11:10 pm and she was born at 5:18 am. I can truly thank God for both the miracle of birth, pregnancy and willpower. Somehow I was able to have this baby without any pain medication. It was honestly my goal but I didn't know if I'd be able to go through with it (neither did Abe)....but I did.

It is hard to imagine how my life is going to be now that this little person is in it but I know it will be filled with all sorts of emotions, every day for the rest of my life. I am truly blessed to share all of these experiences with my wonderful husband Abraham who was an amazing support through the birth process and is taking wonderful care of me now that I am at home.



Aven's arrival home, Friday April 23rd
Kari & Kyle (dear friends) visit us and take our first family photo Wednesday April 21st
Mom & Baby, a quiet and happy moment day 1 in the hospital!

No comments: