18 August 2009

A Little Bit of Life


Hello everyone. As per usual, life has been quite busy. We are in the process of buying a new house with some room to grow. Going from a little 1 bedroom with 550 sq feet to a 3 bedroom with 1400 sq feet will seem really roomy. Lots of room to organize, grow and fill over the upcoming years. Mortgage rates are still really low and we only pray that we don't have any trouble selling our house fast :) So, all that said, a lot goes into buying a house and we haven't even moved yet. We have been furiously working on our house to get it ready to sell including finishing projects that have sat unfinished for awhile now (even years). Kind of disappointing to get everything done only for someone else to enjoy but I'm very excited to be living in our new place despite all the upcoming work to do.

We've been eating fresh salads from our garden. I've really been enjoying the ease of growing fresh vegetables in my backyard and harvesting them minutes before a meal. Lettuce, basil, tomatoes, carrots, peas and soon lemon cucumbers all grace my modest back yard. It is nice to know you don't have to be a genius to grow vegetables and probably even less of one than to grow regular plants since you only have to keep them alive for months as opposed to years.

I've been enjoying listening to Shearwater on Pandora, watching "How I Met Your Mother" and the "big bang theory" as well as the brand new season available on DVD of Mad Men (season 2) oh and I cannot forget the BBC show Plant Earth also. It doesn't feel like watching tv it is so interesting an educational.

Above image from our camping trip to Orcas Island for our anniversary on June 12th.

Hopefully when life slows down a bit (yeah right) I'll be able to post some pictures of the new place. Until then, hope all is well with you and peace to you during this time.


1 comment:

Andi Mae said...

I was just wondering yesterday about the new house- so everything went through okay? I can't wait to see more pictures of what the inside looks like! Your garden sounds awesome. I hope we can get around to planting one next year. Let's talk soon- I miss you!!

xo