11 November 2008

Veteran's Day, Grateful Day 11

I feel compelled to say first off, in honor of veteran's day, that I appreciate our veterans. I know that the job of serving our country is no cakewalk and is often a thankless job. I am grateful for the past veterans as well as the current armed folks serving in Iraq and around the world.

I am grateful for days off and mini-vacations. I have had the last 5 days off and it has been very relaxing. I spent 3 days hanging out with my husband and having a weekend away in Centralia at the Olympic Club McMenamins. After we came back, I watched a chick flick with my friend Kari, got some long overdue errands run and watched Kari's kids while she went a-crafting. We had a lot of fun. Today I slept in (glorious), drank eggnog lattes (I don't know why I love these so much), caught up on some projects and painted some of the outside of my house. Again the weather report was wrong and an afternoon of rain turned out to be just an afternoon of clouds. Another lovely afternoon followed up by some House and the show Mad Men while eating salad with apple and feta and salmon burgers.

What are you grateful for?

No comments: