05 November 2008

Day 5 of Gratefulness (jumping in a bit late):

A friend of mine, Andi, has a month long project composed of posting one thing that you are grateful for each day. This will be good for me since I've been in a writing slump and don't always post consistently. Since I missed the first few days, here are 5 things I'm grateful for so far this month.

1. Clear Afternoons: Once daylight savings time kicks in it is oftentimes hard to motivate myself to get out and go walking with my dogs. Sunday afternoon I caught a break in the pouring rain and walked with my friend Kari up to Sehome Arboretum through the fall leaves. Yesterday was my day off and I again caught a break in the weather and took my dogs out for a hike. Again today, the weather is smiling on me and I will get a chance to enjoy dry skies while I take in the afternoon coolness.

2. A Weekend Away: My husband and I are going to the McMenamins in Centralia this weekend. I am excited to lounge around, read, eat dinner in the pub downstairs and watch a movie at the Club. We'll also do some sightseeing in Olympia and some antiquing in Centralia. Hooray for relaxing weekends away.

3. Getting stuff done: Yesterday was my day off and I got a lot of little naggy things that had been sitting on my desk for ages done! Those things always get pushed to the back but I finally got a few of them accomplished.

4. Friends. Lately I have met so many wonderful people that I enjoy spending time with. I am so grateful for these people in my life. When I need a walking partner, a girls weekend away or a group of women to share my thoughts about life and marriage with, there they are. This sense of community makes life have more meaning and depth.

5. Netflix: Is this a terrible thing to say I'm grateful for? I love looking at my queue and seeing what is coming to visit me whether it is the latest CSI forensics show, a documentary or an Alfred Hitchcock movie. It truly is the little things in life that make us get through all the rest of stuff in our lives. If you haven't already signed up for Netflix, do it today!

What is making you grateful?

No comments: