08 August 2012

things from the mouth of a 2 year old {continued}

You know people say, "kids say the darndest things" but it really is true.  People say the terrible twos but I find them oddly endearing.  The kiddo that was a year ago crawling around and transitioning to walking is now running and jumping and talking and laughing and saying all kinds of things all the time!  Sure, there are moments when you think I thought you were over putting things in your mouth?  Or, really?  You can't eat any messier than that?  Do you need a bib again?  But then such fun things come out of their mouths as they learn to express themselves and say their opinions, it is quite fun.

A list of some of the things I've hear from the mouth of my two year old:


  • Holy Cow!  This was in response to my saying she had a really poopy diaper.
  • I'll be there in a minute guys (referring to Abe and I).
  • I like Ethel, you like Eleanor (Aven).  Can't we like both (Mommy)?  No, you like Eleanor and I like Ethel (Aven).
  • I need water and milk because I need water and milk. (I started asking her why when she says she needs something or feels a certain way so she has picked up on the because part, the explaining part).
  • Mommy and Aven are pequeno and Daddy is grande (we were teaching her the two words in Spanish).
Stay tuned for more "interesting" talk from the mouth of a two year old.

No comments: