14 February 2011

happy valentines day


"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon." ~Author Unknown
* * * * *
{photo credit here}

Hope your day was happy and full of love. I have been loving some different random things lately and I thought I might share them with you!
  • I have been totally loving using my Nikon D80 digital camera lately: bought this when we went to the Czech Republic and I recently got it out again and started shooting pictures more often. I took the advise of a friend and leave my camera out on the table keeping it accessible for whenever a moment strikes me. Also I have been taking it out with me when I go about the town- ready to snap a pictures when I see something inspiring or interesting in shape or color.
  • Dandelion Organic: I know that I have talked about them before but it really is wonderful having organic fresh fruits and vegetables delivered to your door. It is kind of like a neat surprise. I love getting gifts and especially love fun mail: this is both- waiting on my doorstep is a bin full of yummy new things to try or classic standards that can be used at any meal. So affordable too: only $26 for the personal bin every other week! Can't beat that.
  • Fred Meyer honey flavored Greek Style yogurt- 14 grams of protein and no fat- a little sweet but mostly tangy and so healthy! I probably eat one every day.
  • Making my own baby food. Maybe I am just a nerd but it is pretty easy and I love knowing exactly what goes into the food I feed my baby. My favorite purees were: pear & squash; beet & pear; oatmeal with peach & banana; chicken with sweet potato, onion and apple; pumpkin; pear & apple with cinnamon and broccoli. Bought myself a $7 book from Amazon and checked out a few more from the library and also bought "Fresh Baby" ice cube trays with lids for freezing cubes (portion size) of food after pureeing.
  • My child finally being able to feed herself! Well at least some things....she can eat Cheerios, cooked chicken, cooked broccoli, peas, string cheese, bananas and she has tried various bites of other small foods. It will be awesome when she can do it all herself! The child loves dairy though: yogurt and string cheese are some of her favorite.
  • DeVotchka (the band)- very fun eclectic music with symphonic sounds and a haunting voice.
  • My Patagonia R4 Jacket- I am not one to spend a lot of money on clothes especially not a fleece jacket but this jacket is totally worth it (especially when you get it on sale). I have two now. The first one got a bit um, stretched out, when I was pregnant since I wore it through almost my whole pregnancy on hikes with the doggies. I have a new one now in "bitter chocolate" and it fits me so well. It is surprisingly warm for a thin fleece and I think it is pretty fashionable. I love Patagonia's corporate responsibility as well- they recycle tons of stuff and use recycled plastic to make fleece and they are very environmentally conscious (although their clothes if not on sale cost a ton!).
* * * * *
"Who, being loved, is poor?" ~Oscar Wilde

No comments: