In summary, I feel very very busy lately. It started before the holidays with the business of shopping, watching the snow fall, buying chains (last minute) before travelling to Oregon to see my family and finished this last weekend with spending 2 of the 3 days painting my laundry and bathroom. So, in summary, here is what I've been up to:
- Reading books: granted, not with the voracity I've been wanting but I've still been reading a lot. I currently have about 5 books on my desk: Adventures with Che Gueverra by Ben Fountain, (another Ann Rule book), March by Geraldine Brooks, When you are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris and his Holidays on Ice.
- Painting/House Projects: our laundry area was re-drywalled recently and now it is repainted, re trimmed and looks a lot better. I chose a fun sounding color called something like foggy morning. I really like it. Now, if only I could get all the paint lines more straight between the walls and my need to have white ceilings.
- Commitments: I just committed to being the treasurer for the next year for our neighborhood association. I've been on the board this last year but I've upped my game and committed to more, what was I thinking. Bible Study- we are back, studying James and meeting every other week. I love our group of 5 ladies that meet every other week. Worship team, I have practice on Tuesdays and have to be at practice on Sundays at 7:30- hard after a long week and work on Saturday :( Book club- as mentioned above, I will be meeting with my book club on Sunday- we're reading the book March by Geraldine Brooks.
- Travelling: Over the holidays I went to Oregon to see my family. It is always good to see them as we don't all get together but once or twice a year. It was relaxing, drama free and brought a lot of crazy weather (you all already know by now). I am also really excited to tell you that I will be spending 3 weeks in Prague in April. It is an early 10th anniversary trip for Abe and I. I am so excited to return to Europe and just get a chance to explore again.
- Work: Things have been a bit busy at work with the beginning of the year. My boss had to have one surgery and now she will be going in again tomorrow. This means a bit of extra stress for me to make sure everything is getting done while she is gone.
In brief, I feel that life is busy, short and can be stressful but fun. I look forward to any time that I get to spend relaxing, travelling, visiting with friends, hiking with my dogs and seeing the sun. Hope 2009 is treating you right and that things are off to a positive start.