01 July 2007

Silver Falls Oregon

The beginning of summer started off grandly as I travelled down to Oregon with my husband and 2 dogs, Ethel & Eleanor. This was the first ever family camping trip and in attendance were my Mom and her husband, Bill, my Dad, my brother and his wife, my husband's parents and his neice. Silver Falls State Park was a wonderful place to spend a few days relaxing. The weather was beautiful and we spent a lot of time relaxing around the campfire, talking and catching up and some time hiking and getting our dogs (my Mom got a new dog) acquainted.
Here is a photo of my Mom and I. She turned 56 only a week before but I don't think she looks it!
This is one of the beautiful waterfalls that we saw on our 9.5 mile hike that passed by 10 different waterfalls. Sunset magazine recently rated Silver Falls as one of the 10 best waterfalls in the northwest. It certainly didn't disappoint.


Here is a photo of my mother-in-law. She has been training for the 3day Breast Cancer walk in Seattle for this coming September. Participants have to walk 20 miles a day for 3 days, totalling 60 miles. She has been training since April and used this walk to count for some of her training miles. It was nice to catch up with her amidst beautiful scenery and comfortable air.
Maidenhair ferns like this one dotted the trail and emphasized how lush the greenery was.
Here Abe and I are driving down to Oregon. Only a week before we celebrated our 8th anniversary!
For a family trip or just a weekend getaway. This was a wonderful place to go. The drive from Salem, Oregon, to the park only about 20 minutes East, was also very scenic. Rolling hills with Christmas tree farms provided for interesting afternoon shadows upon the hillsides. If you plan on going, be sure to make reservations in advance because it is very popular.


No comments: